Many thanks to all who linked up to Passion for Paint. I love seeing all the different applications people come up with.
Here is just a sampling of some of my favorites.
Kyra @ RACKS & Moobly created these darling canvases for her bedroom. With a great tutorial.
If you haven’t figured out what to do with your pumpkins this year, check out Calamity Anne’s Adventures. Even if you plan to carve some pumpkins, save one or two to paint. And don’t you love the black on white? Spooo-keee!
And with my renewed commitment to feng shui, I loved seeing Sonya’s front door @ Beyond the Screen Door.
I could write an entire post on colors for your front door – and probably will – but let’s just say you want your entrance to be obvious. Uh, I think the turquoise did the trick, don’t you? Sensational!
I hope you’ll stop by next weekend for more Passion for Paint projects. With the holidays around the corner, it should really be fun!
Now – back to my self-indulgent list. The last 10 things about me.
Not really the last 10 things. But enough for anyone who cares, who isn’t totally bored yet, to ‘know’ me.
Have you written one of these lists yet? I highly recommend it. Even if you don’t want to post it. Just writing it is a bit therapeutic.
And I need all the therapy I can get.
Second Part of Who I Am
11. I am not black, but I slip into ebonic slang – translation: I talk ‘black’ – whenever I get angry. Comes from raising Bebe’s kids. Don’t know who Bebe and Bebe’s kids are? Don’t worry. . . it’s a black thang. I say that often. Too often, probably. Comes from having a black family.
12. I hate making phone calls, but I love to talk. I’m an emailing, blog commentin’ fool. BBH is extremely grateful for blogs.
13. I don’t like going to parties, but I love hosting them.
14. I hate traveling, but I love staying in hotel rooms. They’re clean. And organized.
15. I can’t figure simple things out, but I love doing puzzles – jigsaw, crossword, computer. BBH said once, “How can you be so smart and be so dumb?” Anything complex or complicated and I’m yer gal.
16. I’m basically lazy, but I’m a workaholic. If I’m not working, I feel like I’m wasting time.
17. I love being by myself but most of my time is spent either with my mom or at home w/my husband & grandson. There was a heavenly stretch in the ‘80’s when I lived by myself for 6 years. Heavenly. And I never got lonely. Never. Not even once.
18. I’m a chronic DIYer, but I never take classes. I teach them. Art? Taught myself how to paint, then started teaching. Flowers? Opened a flower shop, no classes. Then taught classes. Dance? Well, to be fair, I did take a lot of classes. But I was teaching within 2 years after I started dancing. I have nothing against taking classes. I just don’t make the time.
19. I got nothing for #19. But I wanted the list to be an even 20. Part of that perfectionist thing, you know.
20. Last, but certainly not least, I am a terrible, chronic people pleaser. I should be over this at my age. But I’m not. Even though I know I can’t possibly please everyone, I still try. But I’m also trying to give it up. Note I said ‘trying’ – which means I haven’t done it yet. Another work in progress.
At age 52, I’m coming to terms with who I am, not what I do and not what I am to others.
I guess I’ll go back to all the online sites and change my profile to GWDSM Artist/Decorator/Writer now.