I went back last week and finished painting this cute mural based upon Disney characters. If you missed my earlier post, you can see the beginning steps here.
This ‘horse’ wall was complete, except for the flowers. The adjacent wall was my goal.
I had previously brought the branch onto the wall & chalked the design out. The first step was to paint a pink ribbon.
I just mixed white with two shades of pink and loosely ‘draped’ the ribbon. Don’t you love my work ladder, covered in paint splotches? Sorry ‘bout that.
Next, I painted the little blue songbirds. The client had wonderful Disney books for me to use as photo references.
Now the girls have a frame for their vanity desk, a mirror, or anything else they like.
Then I moved over to this wall and added some simple flowers.
I could’ve stopped here, but there was just something about the horses’ manes that was bothering me. So I whipped out my colored Sharpies and added some detail.
It’s a subtle difference, but it added some definition.
I could have used a Sharpie on the tree to define the leaves, but I just used a medium shade of green paint.
The completed mural . . .
I love Disney projects! There is a sweetness in all of their characters that is so fun to replicate.